"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all humans read the book." - john green

Sunday, June 21, 2015

End of the Year Reflection and Bookshelf

End of the Year Reflection and Bookshelf:
                The beginning of the year wasn’t easy, walking into an unfamiliar classroom with a new class and a new teacher, but Ms. Galang, you made it entertaining and fun while still keeping it challenging. ELA has always been one of my favorite classes and this year there were a couple of lessons and units that really interested me.
                The first was the poetry unit. Poetry is a really great topic because there are so many different poems and so many topics. Listening to my classmates’ poems was my favorite part. There were funny and silly poems, but also serious and dramatic ones. Hearing all the things that went on in other kids’ heads was very interesting. My second favorite unit was writing children’s books. To my classmates this unit might not have been as fun as it was for me. Writing for children just has a different feeling than writing for an adult or teenagers. There’s a certain simplicity about it that let me feel I could write anything I wanted. Reading to children was a great time and it surprised me how smart some of these kids were!
                I hope that in the future, all of my classmates will enjoy ELA class just as much we did in middle school. I don’t know what high school has for us, but I know that we will all excel, try, and do our best. I wish good luck to each and every single one of you!
Books to Finish:
- Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise
- Crazy

Books to Read:
- Fangirl
- Wonder
- Love and Other Foreign Words
- Brown Girl Dreaming
- The Girl With a Pearl Earring
- The Bell Jar
- The Maze Runner Series

- Catcher in the Rye

No comments:

Post a Comment